Welcome to the Town of Pamplico. The Town of Pamplico is located in Florence County and the Pee Dee Region of SC, along S.C. 51. We are conveniently situated approximately 30 minutes from the City of Florence and I-95/I20, 1 hour from Myrtle Beach, 2.5 hours from the SC mountains, 2 hours from Charleston, SC, and 1.5 hours from Santee, SC. Incorporated in December 1916, the Town now has a population of 1226 citizens (2010 Census). Once one of South Carolina's largest tobacco markets, especially during the 1950s and 1960s, Pamplico is now a quiet rural town that is home to one of the area's finest school districts, Florence County School District Two. The Mayor and Council are striving to make Pamplico an even safer and attractive town for all current and future residents, as well as a business friendly municipality. The Downtown Streetscape Project, pictured below, was completed in 2010 with grant assistance from the SC Commerce Department.
The Town of Pamplico is a South Carolina municipality operating under the Council form of government. The Town Council is comprised of the Mayor and six Council Members. Council meets the third Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Council Chambers, 201 River Road. The Town provides the following services: police protection; water and sewer services; solid waste collection; and parks, recreation and tourism.
Pamplico Honors Retiring Employees
Mayor Gene Gainey and Town Council recognized two long-time employees at their July 15, 2013 Council meeting. Ms. Joan C. Williams retired effective July 31, 2013 after 18 years of service as Utility Clerk. Also, Mr. Ervin L. Coleman resigned effective July 7, 2013 from the Pamplico Police Department to pursue another employment opportunity. He will continue to assist the Department on a part-time basis. Council honored both employees with a reception during the Council meeting. Click here to see pictures of the event.
Presentation of Boys & Girls Club “2013 Pamplico Youth of the Year Award”
Francisco Arriaga, student at Hanna-Pamplico High School, was presented the 2013 Pamplico Youth of the Year certificate & medallion by Mayor Gainey and Ms. Alice Morrow of Boys & Girls Club, Florence, SC, at the May 20, 2013 Town Council meeting. Congratulations were given to Francisco by the Mayor and Council for all his years of being an A student and being a role model to his fellow classmates. Click here to see a picture of the event.
ADVERSTISE WITH US
Have your company name, website link, and email listed here for $7.50 monthly. The Town reserves the right to refuse any and all requests for advertising as deemed in the best interest of the Town.
Town of Pamplico
PO Box 296
180 E. Main Street
Pamplico, SC 29583-0296
PAMPLICO TOWN HALL
TOWN OF PAMPLICO POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER.
Please call our office @843-493-5551 or come by for more information.
1. The Ninth Annual Pamplico Cypress Festival was held on September 27-28, 2013. This year's festival was outstanding thanks to our many residents and visitors who attended, all our volunteers and staff who worked very hard behind the scenes, our performers and vendors, the carnival attractions, and car show. A special thanks goes to our festival coordinator Pam Turner and the Cypress Festival Committee. In the coming days watch our Cypress Festival Page for pictures etc. Contact Pam Turner, Festival Coordinator, at 843-687-3349 (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR Pamplico Town Hall at 843-493-5551 if you have questions. (Note: No aerosol cans or Party String cans allowed. Thank you.)
2. 2013 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. The report indicates that the Pamplico Water System provides excellent quality drinking water that meets all federal and state regulations. A copy of the report may be viewed locally at Town Hall, or may be viewed and downloaded from our .
3. Town Council meets 3rd Monday each month, 6:00 p.m, Council Chambers, 201 River Rd.
4. Business license renewal deadline is June 15 annually.
5. Utility bills are due by the 15th of the month. If paid after 15th, a 10% late fee will apply. Water is subject to cutoff if bill is not paid by 9:00 a.m. on the 21st of the month. If water is disconnected for non-payment, a $25.00 reconnection fee must be paid before water service is restored.
6. Garbage pickup day is on Wednesday mornings effective September 18, 2013. Please place your cart at the curbside on Tuesday evening for pickup by Waste Management Inc. on Wednesday.
7. The Town has a leash law requiring that dogs be kept on owner's property. Roaming dogs are subject to pickup by Florence County Animal Control.
8. Pamplico Municipal Court (Judge LaVerne Ard) is held on Thursdays.
9. Outdoor burning of yard debris is allowed from sunup to sunset if approved by the Pamplico Fire Chief. A fire must be fully extinguished by sunset.
10. 10 & Under Tennis Camp See "Services" page for more information.
11. The historic Pamplico Theater needs renovating. More information is on our "Services" page.
12. For Sale Surplus Equipment shown on "Services" page.
Call Town Hall at 843-493-5551 if you have questions. Thank you.
Florence County School District Two
SCIWAY - South Carolina's Front Door